Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Grantham!




My sister, Megan, and I made the cake...it was a train!
Homemade decorations...pictures of Grantham from 1 to 12 months that looked like a train :)

Well, last Saturday was Grantham's 1st birthday! It really was such a bitter sweet day for me. I can't believe how fast the past year has gone. I have such vivid memories of the day he was born. I know it's a cliche thing to say but it seems like it was yesterday. As I was reflecting back over the past year I was trying to decide if I enjoyed it as much as I should have. I definitely had my moments of frustration but overall I really do think I enjoyed every minute. I decided that I'm not going to waste my time being sad that the past year is gone...instead I'm going to look forward to the future with my little man and enjoy the next year just as much as I enjoyed the last year.

We had an absolutely perfect day! We had a birthday party for him with close friends and family and it was so much fun. I was a little bit nervous how Grantham would react to all of those people in his house. I think he loved every minute...even when 30 people were singing him happy birthday and then watching him eat his cake which, by the way, he LOVED! He's never had sugar except the natural sugar in fruit and I think he immediately realized what he had been missing. He dug right into that cake and didn't stop until we took it away from him.

Thanks to all of our friends and family for celebrating with us! We couldn't have asked for a better 1st birthday for our little boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment