Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All Done

We've had a big breakthrough this week...Grantham has started to sign "all done." I started working with him on some simple sign language when he was about 7 months old. I read not to expect results until about 11 or 12 months and lo and behold, a week before he turns a year old he gets it :) He is now an "all done" signing fool. He signs "all done" when he finishes his bottle and when he doesn't want any more food. It's so satisfying for him to catch on to something in the form of communication. It certainly takes a lot of the guess work out of how much to feed him because he lets me know when he's had enough. Hopefully now that he's gotten "all done" some of the other signs will start to click too.

On a side note, I took this picture this morning after breakfast. Actually, he had just signed "all done" when I took it. Check out all those teeth up top! All four have broken through and now he has 2 more on the bottom making their way up :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how all his teeth are coming through. He is growing up too fast... Can't wait to see him sign "all done". Looking forward to his birthday party!

    ReplyDelete