Thursday, June 24, 2010

Simple Things



The other night I woke up and for some reason had a hard time going back to sleep. I started praying about something really simple that wouldn't be a big deal to most people. I won't even mention what it was because it doesn't really matter...it's that silly and simple. Well the very next day, God answered my very simple, very silly prayer. It got me thinking that God cares about even the simplest things that nobody else in the world would care about. What a blessing that is. This line of thought got me comparing my relationship with the Lord to my relationship with Grantham. I think I've always had a good understanding of how the Lord loves me but since having a son of my own, I have a whole new perspective on the subject. At least for me personally, I understand on a new level the amount of love my Savior has for me. Don't get me wrong, I know that I will NEVER be able to comprehend the scope of God's love for His children, but I do feel like I've been given a glimpse. Besides the Lord, I love Jamie more than any person in the world but the love I have for Grantham is very different. I think you just can't really understand the love a parent feels for their child until you experience it for yourself. I know that I will understand even the simplest of Grantham's cares, the things that no one else will understand, just as my Father understands the simplest of my cares.

1 comment:

  1. You made my heart smile.... Thank you for your words today and you touched my heart for your love of the Lord and our family. Love you, Gigi.

    ReplyDelete